WING – Towards New Horizon
“WINGS” is an add-on scheme in which students of IIS are given orientation and training to meet their cultural, emotional, ethical, personal, social and professional requirement for growing up in a global environment. We are providing training in the following areas in this Academic Year 2016-2017.
- Life Skills :Grade I – X
- Value Education : KG – Grade XII
- Gender Sensitivity : Grade I – XII
- Self Defense : Grade VI – XII Girls
- Health Is Wealth : KG – Grade XII
- Career Guidance : Grade IX – XII
Life Skills: (GRADE I - X)
It is a structured programme of needs and outcomes based participatory learning that aims to increase positive and adaptive behavior by assisting individuals to develop and practice psycho-social skills that minimize risk factors and maximize protective factors.
- To create awareness regarding concept of life skill.
- To help to identify and develop skills needed for empowering learners to make informed decisions.
Value Education: (KG - GRADE XII):
“Always aim at complete harmony of thought, word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.”-Mahatama Gandhi
Values are essential for positive human behavior. They form the core of educational goals and objectives. The National curriculum Framework 2005 strongly advocates values like:
- Respect for human rights
- Responsible citizenship
- Reverence towards democracy
- Peaceful conflict resolution
- Gender Sensitivity: (GRADE I - XII)
Gender sensitivity is the act of being sensitive to the ways people think about gender. Gender sensitivity tries to ensure that people rely less on assumptions about traditional and outdated views on the roles of men and women.
Self Defense: (GRADE VI - XII GIRLS)
It is designed to make the girl students more aware, prepared, and ready for any situation that may occur in their everyday life.
Health Is Wealth: (KG-GRADE XII)
This cluster of programmes will increase the awareness and knowledge about various health concerns and enhance healthy life styles to the students.
Objectives: Participants will:
- Identify similarities between health and wealth
- Define goal setting using the SMART goal model
- Identify a personal health and wealth goal, set an action plan to reach the goals
Career Guidance: (GRADE IX - XII)
The higher grade students should get a clear idea about the global educational and job scenario from the experts. Young people must be given the assistance they need to decide on their future careers, based on an adequate overview of the changing educational, training and employment markets and awareness of their own interests and strengths. On 17th April 2016 in association with GREY MATTER ACADEMICS (P) Ltd. an Association of Lambers. USA. International Education. The Directors from Grey Matters Academics (p) Ltd interacted with our students and cleared their doubts.
Community Outreach Programme: (GRADE I - XII)
It is an initiative to go beyond the boundaries of classroom walls to bring the school campus and community together by establishing contacts with various community organizations
- To create an awareness of self-worth.
- To provide facilities for improving the conditions of life specifically for the poorer sections of society.
- To stimulate self-reliance and self-development in local communities.
- To encourage, train and enable local people to assume community responsibilities.
- To encourage all segments of society, irrespective of caste, creed, religion or economic situation to cooperate on long-term development.